Saturday, October 30, 2010

Creative Frustration

Some days being creative is just tough.  Sometimes like today the whole batch of cutouts I tried to make have to be thrown out which is frustrating.  Then have to dos take away time from being creative.  Or I like a card pattern, but am not getting any of the papers to work well together.  Add that on top of seeing so many perfectly put together works of art can be nerve wracking knowing none of my own pieces come out perfect.  There is always some slight flaw.  Maybe that just gives them character.  Then again, most people do not seem to notice the flaw.  What frustrates you Kim?

On a more upbeat note, mom said she really liked her card and asked how I made the paper fuzzy.  Supposedly sis liked hers too according to mom, but have not been able to speak with her directly yet.  That was the card I was so nervous about too.  She has been so emotional lately, I was not sure how'd she take it.  Mom indicated she said something along the lines of I know her well.  :)  It is always brings a smile to my face when a card really reflects the recipient's personality, not my own style.  That definitely counts as a successful card in my book.  :)  To you, what is a successfully made card Kim?

Here's some the recently sent out cards:
mom's card


Happy Halloween & Happy Crafting!!

No comments: